- Are you afraid to walk your dog on leash — especially on snow or ice?
- Do you have a big, strong dog?
- Are you petite, elderly, or disabled?
- Have you trained your dog to walk nicely on leash, but they still sometimes pull or lunge unpredictably?
- Are you training your dog as a service dog who must be under control at all times?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, this workshop is for you.
Tuesday, March 21
7:15 – 8:30 PM
Orange Innovation Center (131 West Main St., Orange, MA 01364)
This one-time workshop is an introduction to the Gentle Leader, a head halter that allows you to have greater control on leash — without inflicting pain or being punitive. You might have heard of or tried the Gentle Leader or a similar head halter, but if you didn’t introduce it properly — very slowly and positively — your dog may have hated it and refused to walk with it on! Unlike many other pieces of training equipment that you can just put on your dog and go, the Gentle Leader requires careful introduction and proper fitting. However, for many people, it is very well worth doing since it may mean the difference between being able to safely walk their dog or not!
This one-hour workshop will cover
- Benefits of the Gentle Leader
- How to teach your dog to wear it happily
- Fitting tips
- How to train loose leash walking using the Gentle Leader
- Written training tips to take home on conditioning your dog to a Gentle Leader
There are two ways to sign up…
You may attend without your dog. You do not have to register, but I’d love to know you’re coming. Drop me a line with the form below, and I’ll send you a reminder a couple of days before the workshop. If you can’t get in touch, that’s OK — just show up!
If you’d like to attend with your dog. We have two working slots available for people who want to practice conditioning their dog to the Gentle Leader with professional assistance. Dogs should be comfortable and friendly with people and other dogs and have been in a group training situation before. You must register in advance for the working slots.
Cost: $10 without a dog; $15 for working spots
Questions? Get in touch!
Yes, I’d like to learn how to use the Gentle Leader with my dog. Please send me a reminder notice.