Training & behavior consults are a time to get your questions answered and get help choosing what path to take in training your dog. Our consults cover management, training, enrichment, and more.
Dog Behavior Consults are perfect for these situations:
- You just adopted a new dog or puppy, and you want to get your relationship off to the best possible start
- Your dog has a behavior or training problem, and what you’ve tried so far has not worked. You want a clear direction to get improved behavior and turn your dog into the companion you know she or he can be
- You want to begin training your dog and would like to set your dog on the path to better behavior
A consult is a one-and-a-half to two-and-a-hour-hour meeting with a trainer in your home. The trainer answers your questions and provides you with information on how to set up your dog to succeed in training. Your trainer will also give you helpful tips to make your dog easier to live with right away, and get your dog and household prepared to get the most effective training.
Before the consult, you’ll set up a date and time that are convenient and answer some questions about your dog’s habits, health, and behavior. On the day of the consult, the trainer will come to your home and discuss your dog’s history and the current problems. We’ll talk about what’s working (which you don’t have to change!) and you’ll get recommendations for how to improve what you are not happy about.
Recommendations vary depending on the situation and may include things prevention, enrichment, referrals, etc. Our recommendations are tailored to your household and your dog, which are unique. We’ll also discuss what training plan and approach would be most effective and how to get started.
When the consult is over, you continue to benefit. Not only will you have new understanding from our discussion, but at the end of the consult, you will also have…
- A folder of handouts to refer to over the next weeks or months as you implement the recommendations
- Written management tips and recommendations for your dog to set the stage for training
- A month of email follow-up for answers to any questions that arise
The consult and materials start at just $140. (More complex cases may cost between $175-210, depending on the number of dogs and the type of behavior problems.) Additional mileage charges may apply, depending on location.) Book your Training & Behavior Consult now with the form below.