Want to learn the best way to train your dog? Owner Lessons are the answer.
What Are Owner Lessons?
A trainer comes to your home — either in person or online — and coaches you to train your dog. We focus on what you need your dog to learn. During lessons you will…
- Get answers to your questions about dog training, behavior, management, and other issues
- Learn why your dog does what she does and how you can train her to do something you like much better
- See the proper training technique broken down into simple, easy-to-follow steps
- Get a chance to practice training your dog with practical, encouraging instruction that helps you become a great trainer
- Receive a lesson plan for what to work on before the next lesson
- Have an opportunity to contact us with questions between lessons
Benefits of Private Lessons
- Scheduling Flexibility — Your trainer comes to your home at a time that is convenient for you and helps you to train your dog on the behaviors that matter most to you. While most people like to meet weekly, how often we meet is up to you — twice a week, every other week, monthly? You decide how much time you need between lessons to make the most progress with your dog.
- Convenience — We come to you! Instead of heading out to a training facility with a dog who gets car sick or is afraid of new places, slogging through rain or snow, you and your dog stay in the comfort of your own home. Alternatively, if you really want to know how to train your dog to ignore strangers at the mall or focus on you in the grocery store, you can do your lessons there, instead! We now also offer virtual (online) private lessons. With your computer, tablet, or other device with a good internet connection and a camera, you’ll be all set to get expert help in training your dog.
- Focused Attention — With At Your Service in-home lessons, you and your dog get skilled training, instruction, and attention for the whole hour. Unlike a group class, where the trainer must divide her attention between several dogs and students, you and your dog will never be at loose ends, waiting and wondering what to do.
- The Behaviors that Matter Most — You only train your dog in the behaviors that matter most to you. You never have to follow a set curriculum. With our Dog Training Lessons, you get to focus on the specific skills and behaviors that will make life with your dog more wonderful for you.
- Perfect for Shy or Exuberant Dogs — If your dog is fearful at a training facility or loses his mind with excitement around other people or dogs, our in-home lessons are a fantastic way to train where you can both learn best. Lessons can help your timid or boisterous dog get to the next level.
- Economical and Practical — For the cost-conscious dog owner, Dog Training Lessons offer a great value. You receive personal, one-on-one training from a professional at a much lower cost than you’d pay for board-and-train or day training, but with all the focused attention and convenience of having a trainer come to your home at a time convenient to you.
Marie contacted At Your Service when she saw our business card at her chiropractor. This was no coincidence! Marie was at the chiropractor because her dog, Reese, pulled so hard on walks that she was injuring her back. It was particularly bad if Reese saw people, dogs, or critters. After five lessons with Sharon, Marie texted Sharon with an elated message. Read Reese’s triumph…
Owner Lessons Service Area
For pet dogs, our owner lesson service area includes Pioneer Valley towns within 30 minutes of Hadley or Northampton, including Amherst, Deerfield, Easthampton, Florence, Granby, Hadley, Holyoke, Leeds, Leverett, Northampton, South Hadley, Shutesbury, South Deerfield, Sunderland, Williamsburg, etc.
For service dogs, we may travel a bit farther. We also offer private service dog lessons and consultations in a rented space in Northampton.
A package of five in-home Owner Lessons starts at $380 with an assistant trainer or $480 with our head trainer. For those training their own service dog, we offer a special 10-lesson package of $930 with our head trainer. Depending on your training needs, we can help you choose a lesson package that will be right for you and your dog. (Not sure if private lessons are for you? Purchase a single lesson at the base rate, and if you decide to continue, we’ll prorate it at the package rate for extra savings.)