The right gear is an important part of getting good results. We can provide you with some of the most useful gear for dog training and refer you to our favorite products for the items we don’t carry. (We offer all our products at wholesale prices, meaning generally it costs less to buy from us than to buy online and almost always is less expensive than buying from a local store.)
Note on COLORS. Due to lighting, computer monitors, etc., the colors may look different in different pictures. The same purple T-shirt or treat pouch may look blue in one picture and maroon in another. But they are all the same item.
We carry the Rapid Rewards Pouch. We’ve used a lot of treat pouches over the decades and this is one of the best. The features we like the best:
- Large enough to hold a lot of treats
- Easy to get your hand in and out of quickly and repeatedly (no drawstring!)
- Closes easily with a magnetic closure
- Comes with both a clip and a belt, for your choice of how to wear it (so it won’t fall off!)
- Front pocket (good for storing cleanup kits and poop bags)
- Hidden zipper compartment in back (for credit card, cash, key)
- Side pouches for clickers or notes
- Offered in our company color of purple with the At Your Service logo (pretty!)
- $24 (includes belt), plus $1 for shipping
This deluxe bait bag is from the Doggone Good Clicker Company. They say
“Our newest training bag and our most deluxe bait pouch ever. Designed with the more serious dog trainer in mind, clients who want a larger bag or appreciate lots of features will want this bag. Like all our bags it will give years and years of service, and we’ve designed features that can be used during training, outings, and anything that comes up while enjoying life with dogs.
- Size: 5.75″ L x 6.75″ H x 2.75″ D
- Magnetic closure for quick open/close operation
- Roomy main compartment, ergonomically shaped, with gray interior lining for better visibility
- Inside jackpot pocket with Velcro closure to store high value treats or separate any item you want in the main pocket
- Two side pockets with a waste-bag dispenser feature (one side only), fits clickers, small leads and more
- Zippered back compartment is roomy enough for cell phones, keys, credit cards and more
- Belt clip and belt loops allow you to choose multiple ways to wear your pouch
- D-ring attachments let you attach gear with a carabiner, snaps and more
- Roomy front pocket with Velcro closure
- Made of durable 600 denier polyester (“backpack”) material
- Machine washable, cool or warm water. Line dry. Do not use bleach. We do not recommend putting these in the dishwasher
- Belt Strap – Size 1″ W x 27-48″ L (adjustable). Adjustable length web belt with quick-release buckle, great if you prefer to use your bait bag on a waist belt.
All clients receive a free At Your Service box clicker with wrist coil.
If you would like additional clickers, we offer AYS box clickers for $1.50 each. Your choice of colors: purple, blue, red, or green.
We also can provide Karen Pryor jewel iClicks (button clickers) for $3.00 each. Colors are red, blue, green, purple, and white.
Additional wrist coils are $1.00 each.
If you need another type of clicker due to the handler’s or dog’s specific needs (quieter, finger loop, etc.), we can suggest alternatives.
“Go Settle” Towels
Training dogs to lie down and relax on a small towel is a useful behavior that you can transfer to many situations, from settling in the kitchen (to prevent counter surfing), to bringing it to the vet so your dog relaxes in the waiting room or on the exam table. It’s particularly useful for service dogs as it tells the dog where you want them to stay (under the table or desk or chair, away from the dentist or chiropractor table, etc.).
We provide small towels for all sizes of dog because the towel is a target for your dog, and their small size makes them portable. Your dog does not need to fit their whole body on it. Our towels have the At Your Service Dog Training logo and fold small enough to fit in a jean’s pocket (like a cell phone).
Private training clients may request a free white towel with purple lettering. Additional towels are available for $5 each. We also have a few left purple towels with white lettering available. The advantage of two different colors is that it’s easier to train a dog to lie on a color that contrasts with the floor. If you’re working on a dark-colored floor, use the white towel. If on a light floor, use the purple one. Add $1 for shipping per order
“Slow Is Fast” – At Your Service T-shirts
Show off your dog-training pride and savvy! Logo on the front. Words to live (and train) by on the back!
- Heavy-duty cotton short-sleeved T-shirts
- Available in red, black, or purple (the colors show up differently in each picture, even though they’re all the same shirts!)
- Available in unisex sizes small, medium, large, XL, and XXL
- At Your Service Dog Training logo on the front left chest
- Slow is FAST on the back
- $25 each. Add $1 per order for shipping
We will add links for some of our favorite gear, but in the meantime, please refer to these three blog posts that have some of our favorite enrichment toys, exercise items, and other dog training gear