Puppies are a wonderful adventure. They are adorable, furry, funny little creatures, but they are also a lot of work. We are here to help.
- You are considering getting a puppy, and you want to be sure you’re choosing the right puppy, breed, or rescue, and to be ready when your puppy arrives.
- You have a new puppy, and you’re overwhelmed. What’s the fastest way to house break her? How do you get her to stop chewing your shoes? How do you prevent him from jumping on the kids and chasing the cat?
- You want your puppy to grow into your perfect dog. You want to take advantage of your puppy’s impressionable age to create your new best friend for the decade to come.
Puppy Consults may cover some of these topics:
- Socialization — Learn how to make the most of the short period in puppyhood when dogs learn to be comfortable and relaxed around different people, dogs, cars, sights, sounds, and smells.
- Handling — Teach your puppy to relax and happily comply with you, the vet, and the groomer for ear exams, mouth handling, paw handling, tick removals, tooth brushing, toenail trimming, grooming, etc.
- Nipping and Mouthing — How to help your puppy to learn to have a “soft mouth” and be careful of human skin and clothing.
- Chewing — How to teach your puppy to chew his toys and to ignore the couch, chairs, books, and shoes.
- Housebreaking — There are tricks and tips to make it much easier to teach your puppy to “do his business” in your preferred location outside. You can even train him to “go” when you ask.
- Crate Training — The best way to train your puppy that his crate is a wonderful, happy, relaxing place to be, making your lives easier and safer.
- And answers to your other puppy questions
A consult is a 90-minute meeting in your home with a trainer who answers your questions and gives you information to help you raise your puppy to be the best dog he can be.
Before the consult, you and the trainer will pick a date and time that are convenient for you. You’ll fill out a short questionnaire on your puppy’s habits, health, and behavior to make sure we cover everything important.
On the day of the consult, a trainer will answer your questions and make recommendations for how to make life easier and better right now for your family and your puppy. She will also tell you what type of training plan would be best for your puppy to become the well-behaved dog you want.
When the consult is over, you continue to benefit. The trainer will leave you with a Puppy Packet — a folder of puppy-raising tips and notes to refer to over the next months as you raise your puppy. Additionally, she is available to answer any follow-up questions by email for the next month.
All of this is included in the puppy consult for just $135! (Depending on where you live, there may also be a mileage charge.) Book your Puppy Consult now with the form below.