Puppies are wonderful little bundles of fun, love, and potential. And a lot of work. They are sponges for learning. Take advantage of this optimal learning period AND get help and support from a skilled trainer.
NOTE: Group classes are currently open for registration. Peruse our list of classes. Registration is also open for a group pre-adoption consult for service dogs and ESAs on Feb. 10. Learn more about group consults.
If you’re interested in private lessons (for either pets or service dogs), we are currently booking for the week of March 4, 2019. Get in touch to schedule, for a referral, and/or to be added to our wait list to be notified of earlier openings. Thank you!
We offer puppy training packages to meet your needs.
Our Practically Perfect Puppy training approach is just what it sounds like:
- Practical information and strategies you can use immediately to make life with your puppy easier
- Puppy-specific training that focuses on socialization, handling, manners, and obedience to help your puppy grow up to be your perfect dog.
- Group Classes — We offer group classes in Orange, MA. Our most popular class is Family Dog Manners & Obedience, which gets your pup started on all the basics like sit, down, stay, come, settle, wait, and polite leash walking, as well as starting with positive socialization — positive experiences around new people, dogs, and places. We offer other classes based on demand. Learn more about group classes.
- Puppy Consults — Especially useful for the first-time puppy owner, a consult covers important information on how to raise your puppy to be the right dog for your family. We explain puppy basics like housebreaking, chewing, jumping, socialization, and handling. Get your puppy off on the right paw! Learn about Puppy Consults.
- Puppy Day School — Let us train your puppy for you, in your own home or neighborhood, teaching your puppy to learn self-control, manners, and how to grow into the well-mannered dog you want. Recommended for busy people who want a well-raised puppy but don’t have tons of time to devote to training and for future service dogs. An intensive package for people who want the best behavior from their puppy as soon as possible. Learn more about Day School.
- Owner Training Lessons — Flexible scheduling. We help you train your puppy to be the companion you desire. An affordable option for people who want support, answers, and expertise while they raise their puppy. Learn more about Training Lessons.
- Public Access & Socialization Package — Socialization is critical for all puppies, but particularly important for future service dogs, therapy dogs, or for puppies that come from breeds that tend to be suspicious, such as many working, herding, and guarding breeds. We take your puppy on training field trips so your pup will be welcomed as a well-behaved adult wherever they go. For pups 8-18 weeks old.
Puppy training service area
We offer our full range of in-home training services to these and other nearby towns: Wendell, New Salem, Orange, Athol, Erving, Montague, Turners Falls, Deerfield, Greenfield, Shutesbury, Leverett, Sunderland, Northfield, Petersham, South Deerfield, Warwick, north Amherst, and parts of Pelham, Belchertown, and Hadley.
For puppies that area intended as future service dogs, we extend our service area farther to include more towns. Get in touch to find out if we cover your area.
Please note, for private in-home lessons (including day school, owner lessons, and consultations), we are currently booking for the week of March 4, 2019. Group classes are available sooner (see our list of classes). Get in touch now to schedule, for a referral, and/or to be added to our wait list to be notified of earlier openings. Thank you!
Use the form below to get your puppy started with the best manners, training, and socialization today.